Yard Waste Drop-Off Site Information
The Holyoke Yard Waste Drop-off Site is open to City Residents only.
Hours-of-Operation are 8am until 4pm Monday through Friday and on Weekends from 8 am until 4 pm. The Yard Waste Facility is not open on Holidays
- Your City Refuse Disposal Permit is required to use this site
- Grass clippings, weeds, hedge clippings, garden waste, and leaves Twigs, brush, and branches (must be less than 3 foot in length and cannot exceed 6 inches in diameter)
- Paper Leaf Bags are the only type of container that may be disposed of with any Yard Waste
Yard Waste Drop-off Site is located at the Wastewater treatment plant at One Berkshire Street.
Questions? Please call 413-322-5645
- Please visit the The Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) website for detailed information about Composting and Organics.
- The DPW has home composting containers available for a $25.00 fee at our office at 63 Canal Street.
- Information about these items can be found at www.state.ma.us/dep
- Compost is available to Holyoke Homeowners during certain times in the Summer. The Compost Pile is located at the Yard Waste Facility on Berkshire Street. You can call the DPW for further information. 413-322-5645
- Home Composting (pdf)
- Don’t Trash Grass (pdf)
Share This Page
Last Updated on February 13, 2013 by EileenP